The Cardiac Health Foundation of Canada adopts the 10 Privacy Principles contained within the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information, which is the national standard of Canada.
The Cardiac Health Foundation of Canada respects your privacy. If you visit our web site, contact us, participate in one of our programs, become a member, or make a donation to support our activities, we are committed to protecting your privacy rights and your personal information. The CSA Model Code incorporates the principles that every element of personal information should only be used for purposes that are defined and explained in advance to the individual, and that use or disclosure for any other purposes requires further knowledge and consent (CSA Privacy Code).
The 10 Privacy Principles of the CSA Model Code
- Our responsibility is to protect your personal information.
- Our obligation is to identify the purposes for collecting personal information.
- The requirement for knowledge and consent. We will only collect personal information with your knowledge and consent, except in limited situations as permitted by law.
- Limiting information collection. We only collect personal information relevant to the purposes that have been identified. We collect information fairly and lawfully, and directly from individuals wherever possible. You have the right to provide as much, or as little personal information as you wish.
- Limiting use, disclosure and retention of your information. We only use or disclose your personal information for the purposes we have identified to you.
- Our responsibility is to ensure the accuracy of your personal information. Virtually all of the personal information that we collect comes directly from individuals themselves. We generally assume this information to be accurate and complete, unless we are informed otherwise.
- Our responsibility is to safeguard your personal information.
- Your right to access your personal information. You have a right to update any personal information that we hold on you. Should you wish to do so, contact us at:
306 – 901 Lawrence Avenue West,
Toronto, ON M6A 1C3